The global economy depends on the security of ports and terminals, as key links in the global supply chain, to maintain the worldwide flow of goods and passengers. Threats can originate from the vessels, vehicles; people and cargo that move through the ports, as well as external criminal and terrorist networks. Defending against the threats begin with the Port Facility Security Officer (PFSO).
This course provides port and terminal security officers with the knowledge and skills needed to deal with security risks at port facilities/terminals. It equips them with the competence to identify threats and deploy required containment measures. Participants will become acquainted with the port facility security measures as mandated by the Maritime Transportation Act of 2002.
This course will cover the vital tools and knowledge critical to understand, evaluate, minimize and respond to the security risks facing ports and terminals. It also gives clear explanations of the relevant codes, regulations and laws that govern ports and terminals. Upon completion, the student will be able to comply with port security systems and plans.
To give students;
- Full understanding of key security issues and risks facing ports globally
- Practical tactics for minimizing identified risks
- Clear understanding of cogent codes, regulations and laws
- Guidelines for implementing effective security systems and plans
Who Needs This Course?
- Security supervisors
- Security officers
- Law enforcement agents
- Freight forwarders
- Port and terminal workers
- Persons aspiring to work in the port facility
- Duties of a PFSO
- Maritime Security Levels (MARSEC)
- Port Facility security surveys and assessment
- Port & facility security planning
- Monitoring the port and facility
- Screening upon facility entrance
- Transportation Security Incident
- Restricted areas
- Incident control or emergency exposure
- Declaration of Security
- Port and ship security
- Identifying weapons and improvised explosive devices
- Security equipment, systems and their operation
- 2 Days
- N40, 000.00
Â Bank Details:
Account Name: Joint Professionals Training and Support International Limited
GTBANK: 0011418914Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â ZENITH BANK: 1012554608