This course is designed with the practical needs and actual practices of industries in mind. It will equip students with the knowledge and skills to identify and resolve actual health and safety issues as they relate to day-to-day practices/experiences of workers..
The course fully covers the important factors influencing worker health and safety. It incorporates the various approaches to the resolution of occupational safety and health issues, as are used by industries across various the regions/environments of the world.
This program subscribes to the Health and Safety standards set by NEBOSH for the management of hazards of a chemical, mechanical, electrical, fire, explosive and biological nature. The program includes case studies and students will engage in exercises to create management reports, accident investigation reports and safety audits, just as they will encounter in real life.
Students of this program will:
- A complete understanding of occupational health and safety management issues
- Acquire competence to lead health and safety improvement efforts in the workplace.
- Understand the legal framework governing safety, as well as the cultural issues that militate against it.
Â Who Needs This Course?
- Management Staff
- Line mangers/supervisors
- Staff of Regulatory Agencies
- Staff of NGOs
- Safety supervisors
- Safety/Health Consultants
- Graduates/workers in the Physical Sciences, Engineering, Medical and Environmental field
- Construction and Building Sciences Graduates/Professionals
- Foundations of Environmental Management
- Training and Development
- Health and Safety Management
- Project Management Professional course
- Occupational Health
- Environmental Management Systems
- Advanced Safety management
- Risk assessment and Safety Statement
- Quality Assurance and Control
- Safety and Health Legislation
- Duration: 9 Months
- Mode: Classroom