The course in environmental toxicology is about hazardous substances and their effects o human, animal and plant life, as well as their adverse impact on the physical environment. It focuses on the impact of environmental toxins or poisons, and the actions and movements of those substances in the physical environment.
The course covers investigation of biological, physical and chemical substances and how they negatively alter the ecology of various geographies and the organisms that live in them. Analyze the environmental effect of various solvents, metals, vapors, and other substances of current concern, including synthetics and naturals, constitute the primary focus of the course.
The course investigates the potential sources of environmental pollutants, their movements through various physical/biological systems, their actions on these systems, measures for minimizing their harmful effects and their ultimate fate.
- Provide fundamental knowledge of how environmental chemicals affect living systems
- Understand the response of human, animal and plants systems to toxins
- Gain an overview of the pollution process from origin of toxins to the fate of pollutants
- Understand the legal, ethical and social responsibilities of entities/individuals in relation to environmental toxicology
Who Needs This Course?
- Oil and Gas Workers
- Waste disposal workers
- Staff of emergency services
- Science majors
- Workers in chemical industries
- Staff of regulatory agencies
- Environment lawyers
- NGO workers
- Medical personnel
- Introduction to Environmental Toxicology
- Hazardous substances and their effects
- Principles of Environmental Toxicology
- Biological effects of toxicants
- Aquatic toxicology
- Food toxicology
- Environmental Toxicology of air pollutants
- Health risk assessment of environmental pollutants
- Basic principles of forensic science
- Environmental fate of toxicants
- Laws and conventions governing pollutants
- 2 Days
- N40, 000.00
Account Name: Joint Professionals Training and Support International Limited
ZENITH BANK: 1012554608